I’m the girl who never thought she was enough. The one who didn’t try if she wasn’t guaranteed to succeed. The one who chose the shadows over the limelight—not out of humility but lack of self-love and low self-worth.
The one who self-sabotages any time she’s about to accomplish a dream or be noticed for something positive.
The one who wasn’t really living.
I’m beginning to now.
And yet, I’ve got a long way to go.
But. . . I am growing. I’m a student of life with an insatiable thirst for learning more about God and humanity and this big beautiful world that we inhabit.
I’m throwing off the old things–doctrines and laws and assumptions—that I believed were absolute truth because some man told me so.
I’m learning to trust the Spirit, to listen to new viewpoints, and see each person as a child of God.
- To start at goodness and not depravity.
- To see common threads not irreconcilable differences.
- To trust the Spirit is moving us forward towards Kingdom come despite all the brokenness.
- To love me by taking care of me.
What does this look like practically?
- Embracing and developing sides of myself that I was one shamed for.
- Getting quiet enough to know what I really think.
- stop merging with others
- Being ok with others not agreeing with me (and disappointing them)
- journaling through confrontations
- practicing grace-filled disagreements
What it boils down to is a lot of reading and journaling and discussing with a few trusted friends.
If any of this resonates with you, you are in the right place.
Small Talk Kelsey
Maybe when you clicked on “About Kelsey” you were hoping for a basic synopsis of my life. Sorry about that. I’m not good at small talk. I actually despise it. So here you go for those who are curious…
- a wife to an overachieving husband
- a momma to 2 sweet, snuggly boys and a wonderfully wild girl
- an INFP
- an Enneagram 9
- a tad bit awkward
- much more eloquent on paper
- usually in my pajamas
- probably avoiding cleaning
- surprised you read this far!
But. . .
if you stick around. Except more of the former than the latter.