Finding freedom and living free has been (and will continue to be) the journey of my life.
I’m the girl who never thought she was enough. The one who didn’t try if she wasn’t guaranteed to succeed. The one who chose the shadows over the limelight—not out of humility but lack of self-worth.
The one who self-sabotaged any time she was about to accomplish a dream or be noticed for something positive.
The one who wasn’t really living—at least not freely.
I’m beginning to now.
And yet, I’ve got a long way to go.
But. . . I am growing. I’m unlocking shackles and wiggling out of chains. And I’m becoming a student of life with an insatiable thirst for learning more about Spirit and humanity and this big beautiful world that we inhabit.
I’m throwing off the old things.
I’m learning to trust the Spirit and intuition.
- To start at goodness and not depravity.
- To see common threads, not irreconcilable differences.
- To trust the Spirit is moving us forward towards a new world despite all the brokenness.
- To love me by taking care of me.
What does this look like practically?
- Embracing and developing sides of myself that I was one shamed for.
- Getting quiet enough to know what I really think.
- stop merging with others
- Being ok with others not agreeing with me (and disappointing them)
- journaling through confrontations
- practicing grace-filled disagreements
What it boils down to is a lot of reading and journaling and discussing with a few trusted friends.
And this is my offering—a little slice of the internet to help you find your own freedom.
Small Talk Kelsey
Maybe when you clicked on “About Kelsey” you were hoping for a basic synopsis of my life. Sorry about that. I’m not good at small talk. I actually despise it. So here you go for those who are curious…
- a wife to an overachieving husband
- a momma to 2 sweet, snuggly boys and a wonderfully wild girl
- an INFP
- an Enneagram 9
- been writing online since 2012
- a tad bit awkward
- much more eloquent on paper
- usually in my pajamas
- probably avoiding cleaning
- surprised you read this far!