Mary Oliver says we only get one ‘wild and precious life.’ So what will you do with it?
Will you do the hard work of reflecting and figuring out who you are, what brings your soul delight, what motivates you or breaks your heart?
Please say yes! You are worth it, and the world needs that you-ness that only you have.
Will you be brave enough to unravel the ideals and expectations and limiting beliefs that you have always thought were true—despite how much pain they cause you and others?
Freedom is on the other side of your fear. I believe in you.
Will you create a life that’s full of moments of delight—for you and those around you—regardless of the ugliest of the world?
The world needs your brand of delight and goodness.
Reflect, unravel, create—that is how we are going to increase the delight in our lives and in the world.
What Delighting in Your Life Is NOT
Important Disclaimer: Delighting in your life does NOT mean that you will never experience pain or hardship.
A delight-filled life is not:
- sugar-coating bad things
- pretending your life is better than it is
- ignoring the pain of those around you
- forcing yourself to be happy when you are miserable
Instead, it’s seeing life as a continuous unfolding of you and the world around you. And while you may not desire to look for it right now, goodness and light are present everywhere—even on our darkest days.
So Why Delight in Your Life?
- to be part of the forward motion of the universe
- to give freedom and delight to others
- to live your one beautiful, sacred life with as much joy and authenticity as you can muster
- because it’s better than being miserable