We are busy, tired, frugal with our time and energy mommas, so when it comes to adding something into our day (even something good) it can feel overwhelming.
I learned pretty quickly that the best days around here are the ones I’m focused on God. But between the toddler tantrums, marathon nursing sessions, cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc… if I’m not intentional it can be easy to leave God out of our day.
Thankfully, I’ve found four simple ways to add Scripture into our daily life.
(This post contains affiliate links. When you make a purchase from one of my links, I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting Life Unabashed Ministries!)
4 Simple Ways to Add Scripture to Your Family’s Day
I know you have heard this suggestion before and that’s because it works.
Get up early. Open your Bible. Fill up before you start pouring out into your children.
If you aren’t use to studying the Bible on your own, it can feel overwhelming at first. The book is huge; where do we even begin?
Start with a study that is already done for you. You just have to follow along.
There are a lot of free online Bible studies that you can participate in with women around the world.
- She Reads Truth is my favorite online study. I fell back in love with Bible study with these women. You can follow each study on their website, download their app, or purchase one of their gorgeous study guides.
- Good Morning Girls is a group of women who use social media to keep each other accountable in their quiet time. They offer free studies to follow along with, too.
- Hello Mornings is a fun challenge to spend time with God, plan your day and get a little exercise. God. Plan. Move. They have free studies and social media groups to join in, too.
My just-turned-3-year-old can recite the Fruit of the Spirit, and not because I have been spending all this time getting him to memorize it. He just really loves this song.
Music is a wonderful, super easy way to memorize Scripture. Think about how you can sing word-for-word your favorite songs from your childhood but can’t remember where you put the keys. Just me?
Our two favorite Scripture albums to listen to are
- Seeds Family Worship – We love having dance parties and loudly singing God’s Word.
- Lullaby Scriptures – These songs are perfect for some quiet time and restoring calm into your house.
Almost every room in our house has Scripture on the wall. While my children are too young to read, it is just the encouragement I need to get through the day.
The best thing about hanging Biblical artwork is that it’s a simple one-time deal. You hang it, and then you get to reap the rewards every time you walk by it.
You could make your own Scripture artwork with you kids. It can be something as simple as a colored piece of paper with a short memory verse written on it, or you can check Pinterest for lots of free Scriptural printables.
Children’s Faith-Based Books
Like a lot of you, we read an insane amount of books in our house. And once my little guy finds a book he loves, he wants to read it over and over again. Since you are already reading why not add some faith-based books into your library?
Some of our favorites are
How do you incorporate God’s Word into your day?
What would you add to this list? I am always looking for fun and simple ways to remind myself of God’s Truth and to teach and inscribe it on my children’s mind.
If you have toddlers or preschoolers, you might like my Bible Lessons for Tots & Preschoolers board on Pinterest!
This post was shared at these awesome places!